The continued efforts by the resources agencies and others involved in Salt Marsh Harvest Mouse research and conservation has led to a need to understand mouse ecology and share how information gathered from studies is being used to manage for and conserve the species.
This one-day symposium intended for agency, private professionals, managers, and students will consist of a full day of oral presentations, a poster session, and a structured Q & A with an expert panel. An unofficial reception will take place within walking distance. Specific topics to be addressed in the classroom session will include:
A poster session will take place during an extended lunch period.
- Historical Perspectives
- Regional Status of the SMHM
- Methods (including identification, consulting, analysis, and protocols)
Breakfast and a light lunch will be provided, please indicate at the bottom of this form any dietary restrictions.
Stay tuned for specific agenda with speaker list and any symposium materials here: http://tws-west.org/sac-shasta/home/calendar/upcoming-events/
Tuesday May 23, 2017 (Classroom Session, 8:00am-5:00pm)
UC Davis ARC Ballroom – La Rue Rd at Orchard Rd, Davis, CA
Weds-Thurs. May 24-25, 2017 (Field Methods Orientation 5:30am-6:00am, Optional Field Trip 6:15am-10am)
Goodyear Slough – 4301 Herman Island Rd at Lopez Road, Benicia, CA
*Park and meet at the parking area near this intersection.
Link to Symposium flyer here
Link to sponsorship opportunities here (fill out registration info here at this page, or submit this form):
|Instructions and Payment Policy
Student / Young Professional rate eligibility:
- Read instructions, complete all applicable fields, and click “submit.”
- Registration for the Classroom, Field Methods Orientation and optional Field Trip are first-come, first-serve (government employees are encouraged to register and pay on their own, if needed).
- Payment may be made online with a credit or debit card through Paypal, or a check can be sent to the Chapter. Sorry, but no purchase orders can be accepted.
- All checks should be sent in with a printout of the registration receipt to the Chapter address below, and must be postmarked by Monday, April 24, 2017 to qualify for the early registration rate.
- Registration is not considered complete until all payment has been received.
- If you cannot attend after registering and you wish to send a substitute, you must send a request no later than Tuesday, May 16, 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org. If the Classroom, Field Method, or Field Trip Sessions are full with a waitlist, substitutions are not guaranteed. See cancellation policy below.
- Students must be currently enrolled at a university or college or within 6 months of degree conferral. Please register with your university or college email address.
- Young Professionals are Sac-Shasta TWS current members who have graduated within 2 years with a degree in a wildlife-related field AND are employed less than full-time in a temporary/limited-term/seasonal position.
|Field Methods Orientation and Optional Field Trip
You must register for the Classroom Session to reserve a spot for one of the limited enrollment Field Methods Orientation. Immediately following completion of the Field Methods Orientation registrants will have the opportunity to attend an option Field Trip where topics learned in the Classroom Session and Field Methods Orientations including identification, habitat, as well as management concerns and strategies will be applied, with possible viewing of captured mice. Carpooling is encouraged and registrants will be contacted to arrange carpools. You may view the remaining spots below, and sign up or wait list for your alternate choices accordingly.
There is a first-come, first-serve waitlist for each session as registration capacities are determined; the timestamp of registration will determine the ultimate order by which people may be accommodated into a session.
Registrants for the Field Methods Orientation will park and meet at the parking area near the intersection of Lake Herman Island Road and Lopez Road, Benicia. Both field trips will take place at Goodyear Slough in Benicia.
Link to sponsorship opportunities here (fill out registration info here at this page, or submit this form).
|Coordinator / Contact
TWS Sac-Shasta Chapter
Attn: SMHM Symposium 2017
1017 L Street #245
Sacramento, CA 95814
||Early registration deadline is Monday, April 24, 2017.